Luang Prabang

Luang Prabang is a relaxed town at the confluence of the Mekong and Nam Khan rivers. Much of it seems to exist to support the throughput of Europeans and Japanese, so the extent to which the town itself exhibits true Laos culture is questionable. Nevertheless it has it's own sleepy charm, rather than being tourist-hell and we stick around for about a week, eating noodle soup and exploring.

There is an enormous hill in the middle of town, on top of which is a temple called Wat Chom Si. I've said it once and I'll say it again: Laos is HOT. Seriously. It's a steep old climb and, despite much of it being in the shade, I am absolutely sodden within minutes. I'll leave you with that thought while you check some pictures.






There are golden Buddha statues at intervals all the way up.

Sleeping Buddha - my favourite!







The view from the very top of the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment